Do You Like My Uruguayan Plate?

After my second dish being from South America I decided to continue with my South American tour and I chose a plate from Uruguay. This is not a different plate by any means and we all have had some variations of this dish, but I have not had it all together. This is a Milanesa beef steak with a fried egg, ham and cheese. I had a tomatoes and lettuce salad with lime and salt and French fries.
I chose the Milanesa Napolitana. It was tasty and vey hearty. The egg, ham and cheese add a great taste and variation to Milanesa.


Other than the French fries, which can be done in the oven for less fat, the milanesa is a great source of protein, you will have the fat of the egg but it will not be that bad. The salad will offer very little carbs. Without the French fries this can be a great meal to get your Protein and reach your fat at the end of the day. I love the diversity and flexibility that IIFYM offers me. #eatingwhatIwant.


Enjoy!


I got the recipe from http://www.uruguayanfood.com/milanesa-recipe.htm






How to make it

In order to make a milanesa you will need to have the following ingredients: steak, chicken, or fish beef (of no more than 1/2 cm thick if preferably), beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, and oil. You should start by chopping some garlic as small as possible and mix it with the beaten eggs, and adding some salt to them. Cover the beef with beaten eggs, and then with the breadcrumbs. Put it in a pan with hot oil and fry it in low fire until it shows a golden color. It could be served accompanied with a salad, smashed potatoes, veggies, rice, or anything else you might wish.

Milanesa napolitana

In order to prepare a milanesa napolitana you will need: a cow meat milanesa, a couple of slices of ham, a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese, and some slices of tomato. Start by preparing a milanesa as explained before, but before is completely done add the ham, tomato and mozzarella cheese on top of it (in that order). The mozzarella should melt, and it should be eaten while is still hot.


See where I go tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts