The Comfort in Food


The comfort we find in food is like the same as we find in shoes, it fits. Food comfort can be for many reasons but most of the time we just want to be comforted and the feeling full sensation with the pleasure of eating something that taste great, comfort us the same way as a huge hug and someone telling  everything will be alright.

Comfort food is different for everyone. Some like it sweat, others salty and I am sure there is all kinds of taste for comfort food. We reach for comfort food when sad, angry, happy or/and hurt.
Of course, for someone on the road to weight loss, your comfort food can spell DISASTER.  It can start a chain eating, and have a huge setback.

If you find yourself stuffing your face with your favorite comfort food, eat it and get it out of your system, remember your goals and if you still need some comfort, contact a best friend, talk to a loved one and if all fails find people online that are going through the same thing and you can always reach me online, I am always ready for a conversation.

Today was my comfort food day. From the moment I got to work to now writing this post I can honestly say, I only felt good while doing my BodyCombat 59 workout. I made the food thinking about comfort and although I could have eaten without any guilt I chose to eat until I felt completely full because I wanted to concentrate on the taste and the full filling this over indulgent food was going to bring me. No I do not feel any comfort, but I can honestly say I am not feeling guilty either.

Not using it as a excuse but there is always tomorrow to start again. I am not starting again tomorrow because one meal does not destroy your goal. Keep in mind even great athletes have days that they enjoy their life, just don't make it a habit. Enjoy your life even if we are in the road for a fitter selves.
Find me on facebood www.facebook.com/newapproachfitness

Comments

Popular Posts