My Lenten Journey to Losing Weight


As lent started I thought of doing some great sacrifice like fasting for lent, but it did not work out the way I intended. So I decided to give up smoking and I have now been a week without smoking, but in only a few weeks in the process I managed to put on some weight as I was eating everything and anything I saw in front of me.
Although I have some weight that was not lost when I first lost 40 lbs in 2009, and the weight I just added is not making me happy. Since I have Lent on my side and it helped me be focused to quit smoking, I am thinking I can take the power from Lent and the new discipline I had to master to not smoke to lose the weight I need.
Armed with my will power and the fact that my pants are getting tight, I started on my second weight loss journey on Monday March 23rd, 2014. This log is from day 2 and so is the video and I did film the video on day 2 but as I did not know how to edit and needed some tutorials, I am one day behind but it is here and by the end of the week I think I will be caught up.
Watch Vlog

I have decided to go on a low carb diet. This must be the most difficult part of it, as I live on bread, even harder than smoking. For the first two days I manage to eat only 35 gram of carbs, not bad compared to 35 grams per meal. I am happy to report that I had no head aches, which is one of the factors I quit the low carb lifestyle.
My workout of choice and probably what you will see most is BodyCombat. I felt in love with BodyCombat over a year ago, and since than I have been working out to it and am a instructor as well. Being truthful I am a fanatic for it, I love every move and every song choice. The instructors are great and the whole program just makes me feel great.
Also you will see my meals, although not at all inspiring but I hope it will show that you can cook for yourself and your family without putting them on a new lifestyle as well. Today's meals are nothing special, I have spaghetti a la Vodka
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/vodka-sauce-recipe.html
and some steak and peppers, all I did is cut steak, bell peppers, onions, on a pan with a few tbsp of oil and taco seasoning.
For me I bought a package of Arugula and Spinach salad added juice of one small lemon and salt, topped with the pepper steak that is it.
At times I go crazy as I am looking for a cigarette but I cannot smoke and I cannot eat to fill the want for a smoke.
Day 2 is over. I am glad and happy that I made it.If you have questions about my workout or my eating plan, or if you have tips leave me a comment. Subscribe to know what happens next. Click shop to purchase BodyCombat.

See you guys tomorrow!


Comments

Popular Posts