Kia Kaha

Today I have received great news. After leaving work and going to get some groceries, I checked my email and there it was the email I have been waiting since August but that I have been working towards for one year now.

As a Cancerian (sign of cancer), I can be a procrastinator and sometimes let things take its course, but one thing is for sure you will not see a cancerian QUIT!.

One year ago I felt in love with Les Mills Body Combat. After buying the DVD from BeachBody and only one week working out to it I had to find how to become a instructor of this workout. After getting the information it was time to wait for the training to come to Charlotte, NC. Training came in June and by August I submitted my first video, which came back with sorry not this time. November I submitted my second video and again no luck.

I was ready to give up, but since I was given another chance to submit my video, I decided to go for it, and I guess third time was a charm for me, as the email that I received today stated I passed the certification and I am now A Certified Les Mills BodyCombat Instructor.

If I had to give any advise to anyone it summarize into only two words Kia Kaha. It may not be today, tomorrow, or even one year from now. It will be times when you want to give up, it happens and you have all rights to feel that way, but if you want bad enough you know you will not give up and you will go for it. What is yours, no matter how long it takes, it will be yours.

Stay with the fight. Kia Kaha

Kia kaha is a Māori phrase used by both the Māori and Pākehā (European) people of New Zealand meaning stay strong, used as an affirmation. The phrase has significant meaning for both the Māori and Pākehā people: popularised through its usage by the 28th Māori Battalion during World War II, it is found in titles of books and songs, as well as a motto.
Linguistically, kia kaha consists of the desiderative verbal particle kia, used here as 'an encouragement to achieve the state named',[1]that is, to achieve kaha or strength. Kaha derives from Proto-Polynesian *kafa, meaning "strong" or "great"; 

Comments

Popular Posts