Saturday Wine

Saturday Wine started because that is the only day when I can enjoy a glass of wine, or maybe two. I try to choose different wines every time, there is nothing better than taste the world and wine gives you a good idea of worldly taste.
If you are asking why Saturday Wine, well on Saturdays I do not have any activities that are out of my house and the next day I do not have to wake up early, although by the time I go to bed, there is no alcohol effect in my body anyway.
I want to talk about this new wine I tried yesterday... It was great. I am no wine connoisseur and I go totally based on taste and my Saturday Wine of choice was South African wine, it is a sweet sparkling rose, and it tasted great. How great do you ask, well I drank the whole bottle. Don't get awe struck, it came out to 3 glasses (equals three beers). The wine was light, it tasted smooth, not to sweet but just enough not to be bitter, truly a pleasure to drink it.
If you are wondering does South Africa make wine... here is some history for you.
On 2 February 1659 the founder of Cape Town, Jan van Riebeeck, produced the first wine recorded in South Africa.
The roots of the South African wine industry can be traced to the explorations of the Dutch East India Company which established a supply station in what is now modern day Cape Town. A Dutch surgeon, Jan van Riebeeck, was given the task of managing the station and planting vineyards to produce wines and grapes intended to ward off scurvy amongst sailors during their voyages along the spice route. The first harvest and crushing took place in 1659, seven years after landing in 1652
The wine can be found at Aldi's market. The name is Chaza exotic pomegranate Splash, although I could not find any reviews for this specific wine, I did find "The  Lazy Budget Chef" that gives a review for the Moscato wine produced by Chaza.
Also  "Mommy Jenna" review the Moscato stating:
"The Chaza Moscato has also been awarded by the Beverage Testing Institute with the Best Buy/World Wine Championships Award Silver Medal. There’s no breaking the bank when it comes to either of these choices with both available at $4.99 "
To me it's just a reaffirmation of the value of the Chaza Rose. at Aldi's the wine is only $4.99 but it taste like a sparkling Moscato, the difference and one that I like, the Chaza is a little sweeter. I pared this wine with chicken, saffron rice and butternut squash.
What I love about wine is that it is based on taste and we all have them. We are particular about our taste, and I enjoy listening to others opinion.

Every week I will be posting how my Saturday Wine was and the new wine I tasted. I hope you get to try this Chaza, leave me a comment, share this post to those that love wine. This is a bargain and it will not disappoint you.
Until next Saturday Wine... Cheers

Comments

Popular Posts