Today I was in Chile!


So today I visited Chile. Although empanadas seemed to be one of the main dishes, I was able to find Cazuela de Carne, a meat stew with potatoes, carrots and squash.

Today's meal could not be any healthier. I was really glad I was not worried about carbs or fat, although this was a very lean meal. The only change on this recipe is that I did not use spear ribs but I used stew meat. Really happy I can eat anything I want as long as It Fits My Macros.

Enjoy!




CAZUELA DE CARNE- BEEF SOUP

4 short beef ribs

4 med. potatoes (peeled)

1 thinly sliced carrot

4 pieces corn, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths

1 tbsp. oil

1/2 med. onion

1 tbsp. rice

4 pieces squash, cut into 1 inch squares

Salt and pepper



Fry meat in the oil, brown all sides.

Slice onion thinly and add; fry until onion is done.

Add all other ingredients and cover them with water.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Bring to a boil then simmer for at least 1 hour.

The longer you simmer it, the better.

Recipe by Chilean Recipe. This blog has great recipe. I am sure I will be back for more
 
 
Stay tuned to find out where I'll be tomorrow
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts